THAI YOGA MASSAGE RETREAT
Rhythm & Stillness, meditation in movement
11-15 August 2023
THAI YOGA MASSAGE RETREAT, RYHTHM & STILLNESS: MEDITATION IN MOVEMENT
Five days of retreat and work on/with the body in which we practice multiple levels of touch exploring traditional Thai Massage, Dynamic and Osteothai, our own practice of mindful movement, meditation, the spirit of welcome and community (sangha). You will be guided with care and attention by Flora (Italy) and Chiharu (Japan), both Master Osteothai: let yourself be inspired by their related skills and cultural specificities.
Life is rhythm Rhythm
Rhythm is made of movement and pauses, breakthrough and silence. In our lives we are always in a hurry and while running we tend to forget to anchor ourselves in our still center.
Healing like Creativity arise from our inner silence.
During the retreat you will be guided into the depths of the art of touch. Immersed in nature, we will be able to recall our silent, creative and healing inner space.
In this retreat we invite all those who have minimum experience of Thai Massage, Shiatsu or Yoga practice, anyone who wants to implement the practice with different and useful perspectives.
We also gladly welcome dancers or those who work with body expression, all those who wish to find new inspiration for their vocation.
While practicing the principles and technique that we will share, one step at a time, we will “touch” our deepest being and we will learn to extend this same experience to others and to everything around us.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to give a more fluid, effective and creative treatment on the floor
- Deepen the foundations and technique of Traditional and Dynamic Thai Massage and Osteothai (viscera and cs)
- To improve your ability to feel with a more conscious touch, with more presence, listening and metta
- Balancing rhythm and stillness, bringing creativity, playfulness, joy as well as silence and greater insight into the practice
- To connect different rhythms and types of stillness for yourself and for others
NOURISHMENT FOR YOU:
- Restore body and mind, taking care of your well-being
- Practicing yoga, breathing, mindful movement, noble silence
- Listening and investigating with sitting and walking meditation
- Enjoying community and sharing in non-judgmental environment
- Enjoying simple and healthy food
- Surrounded by an abundant and generous nature
GUIDED BY FLO THAI MASSAGE AND
CHIHARU SHANTI, HOLISTIC ARTS JAPAN
Chiharu was first introduced to Yoga in 2001. Since then her interest and advanced studies have extended from ancient Thai healing massage to Vipassana meditation, Buddhism, Ayurveda and Osteothai. Strongly inspired by David Lutt, Chiharu integrates Western bodywork methodology with Eastern spirituality and medicinal systems. In 2022 she was certified as a Master Osteothai (MOT). Today she is one of the most active leaders in the Thai massage community in Japan, and specializes in a psychosomatic approach. In this retreat, she will introduce an approach according to the ancient Japanese view that considers the body as an integrated whole, as well as other views on the essence of body and mind.
Tenuta Ferracci (Borgo San Lorenzo)
In the splendid Tuscan hills, in the middle of the forest and in a peaceful atmosphere. We are located in the splendid landscape of the Tuscan hills, at about 600 meters above sea level. 25 km from Florence, the city of the Renaissance, in a land of history and nature, in a place of peace and spirituality, near the Sanctuary of Montesenario, along the pilgrimage route of the “Via degli Dei”, near Fiesole, as well as to the famous Mugello area.
- 6.45-8 practicing meditation, yoga/mindful movement outdoor
- 10-12,30 classes of Thai Massage/Dynamic Thai/Osteothai
- 13-16 lunch, relax, sun bath, yogi walking, games, free time
- 16-19 classes of Thai Massage/Dynamic Thai/Osteothai
- 19 dinner – free time – relaxing – singing -dancing
- Noble silence till after breakfast
THAI YOGA MASSAGE RETREAT Rhythm & Stillness: meditation in movement
When: 11-15 August 2023
Where: Polcanto (Borgo San Lorenzo, Hills of Tuscany)
Duration: 5 days
Timing: from Friday 4 pm to Tuesday 3 pm
Requires: minimum experience in thai massage, shiatsu, body therapy, dance
Language: English, Italian, Japanese
Teachers: Flora Bisogno, Chiharu Shanti
Costo: € 630
CLICK HERE FOR BOOKING
- Fill out the application form and send it to us
- You will receive payment details
- Please make your deposit and email us
- Your place is saved!